One of my herbal mentors, Kerry Bone, describes chronic disease as a mosaic. While drug manufacturers look for ONE physiological pathway to correct or ONE vaccine to target an infectious disease, or geneticists look for the ONE gene causing a disease…holistic health practitioners know better.
We know that there is no one target or magic bullet. We look at the numerous, little decisions someone makes each day and how those choices positively or negatively impact their lives. And of course, we take into account forces outside of ourselves, like the weather or socioeconomic pressures.
We then begin to see patterns in someone’s life and how all these things come together to create you. You may not like the way it looks or feels, but your body is a piece of art, just like a mosaic.
When using real food and herbal medicine, the goal is to nourish the body and nudge multiple pathways in the body, not push them. It’s not glamorous. It’s simple. In fact, it’s stupid simple…and it often starts in your kitchen.
In the spirit of good food, plants and healing, I have a new recipe for you – Golden Matcha Tahini Bites. Healthy fats combined with cinnamon, turmeric and green tea are an awesome treat.
Eat in peace!
Golden Matcha Tahini Bites
- ½ cup tahini (Artisana)
- ½ cup butter (Vital Farms)*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (Dr Cowan’s Garden)
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 1 tablespoon low-carb sweetener (I used MitoSweet from Bulletproof)
- 10 drops vanilla-flavored stevia (Omica Organics)
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into silicon molds or a pan lined with parchment paper. Freeze until set. Pop out of molds or slice into bite size squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
*I feel confident that you could make this with coconut oil or coconut butter instead of regular butter if you have a dairy sensitivity.
I adapted this recipe from Mark Sisson’s new book The Keto Reset Diet using his recipe for Tahini Fudge and Green Tea Tahini Bites (p294-5). I saw the two side-by-side and thought, “These must merge into one!”
Three more things before we go…
- Need more inspiration in the kitchen? You can find more tasty and nutritious recipes on my YouTube channel.
- And when you’re ready to dive deeper into a life of vibrant health, check out my new book, Eat in Peace to Live in Peace: Your Handbook to Vitality.
- If you want the VIP treatment, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter where you’ll get more helpful health tips, recipes and in-depth articles delivered straight to your inbox!